- 1 Why did jQuery initially acquire so much grip?
- 2 Since then, what has happened?
- 4 Is Jquery an alternative still viable? What are the newest trends in fashion?
- 5 SShould you benefit from it?
- 7 Conclusion
- Take on some problems related to web development.
Why did jQuery initially acquire so much grip?
Interoperability problems afflicted browsers at that time. We had many cross-browser concerns and standards problems, and jQuery came to us via an abstraction layer and all workarounds.
The work with AJAX (and its cross-browser variants) was also facilitated when the sentence became more prominent, which gave jQuery an increase in popularity.
We don’t have many browser compatibilities these days, and the browser-standardized Selectors API and Fetch are the two biggest benefits of jQuery.
JQuery is sure that Query is undoubtedly a controversial subject. Some think jQuery is a relic of the past, while others use it every day. Some individuals try to explain why we don’t need jQuery.
In recent years, popularity has gradually declined:
Since then, what has happened?
- The uniqueness of JQuery eroded over time. These things may explain this:
- Modern browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox have come along and standardised JS incorporation.
Technologies like AngularJS, React, and VueJS have made JQuery obsolete. People started to question the significance of the latter.
Since their use cases never completely overlap since one is a library, while the other is frameworks (or framework-like). A library is excellent for what it should do, but not so much for what it should not do, and vice versa.
Is Jquery an alternative still viable? What are the newest trends in fashion?
Even though it is obvious that the library has lost its relevance, it remains essential.
Many websites use it. According to BuiltWith, 77 percent of the top a million websites still use JQuery. So you should be aware of the library if you ever find yourself working on a website such as this.
Apart from its ubiquity, JQuery is a beautiful library. The chaining methods are simple and beautiful.
SShould you benefit from it?
The selection of suitable tools and technologies for the project is one of the most important elements of web development.
When are you supposed to use it?
Assume you have few interactions on a basic WordPress site. However, it would be best if you also had some animation or sliders. In this situation, JQuery is very helpful. A complete framework like React or View may not be required.
Another issue is working on popular front-end frameworks like Bootstrap. However, others believe that Bootstrap is not a reason to use JQuery. But if you already know Bootstrap and want to create a page fast, that is not wrong.
In theory, use Jquery if:
- You work with WYou work with WordPress or comparable content administration systems
- The work includes old codes or plugins based on Jquery.
- Old browsers also attack your application or website
- You are accustomed to this and make the development much simpler.
Now let’s see whether it can’t be a good option.
Jquery is dead? Is she dead?
No. It is extremely active since a lot of websites and plug-ins are still available. But the trend is decreasing.
So, should you learn Jquery if you don’t know?