A large number of web development frameworks are currently available, and this diverse inventory sometimes confuses even the most experienced developers. Your future website and the way it works and looks largely depends on what exactly you choose as a framework.
The world of web development is constantly changing, it is very possible to understand in which direction these changes are moving. To keep you up to date with the latest trends, we decided to create a selection of the most popular web development frameworks in 2021. We hope this makes your choice clearer.
Angular.JS provides an amazing combination of low entry threshold and a rich feature sets. You need a few hours of free time to write small projects on it. However, it will take months to explore all its possibilities and learn to use them.
Angular.JS supports Ajax, DOM structure management, animation, patterns, routing, and other features. The powerful framework and its rich functionality are finding uses in more and more web applications.
Laravel is a web application framework with expressive and elegant syntax. It is a complete package solution for both rear and front developers. Many experts consider the documentation of the platform to be almost perfect.
Key framework features:
- it has a built-in script collector and SCSS
- necessary modules are connected as service provider packages
- Laravel uses a remarkable Blade template, which allows users to separate webpage slicing from the PHP code
- caching, working with file storage, working with various databases
- task queues, task scheduler, console, work with SSH
- WebSockets support to create real interactive apps
- multi-language support: easily add any languages to the already existing translations in the Laravel-lang package
- flexible possibilities to write REST API.
Laravel is constantly being improved, keeping up with modern trends. In learning Laravel, you will never lag behind in the world of web development. The main thing is not to focus on any particular framework version but to advance together with it.
React.js is one of the most popular libraries used to create complex front-end solutions. It was launched on Facebook in 2013 and quickly gained popularity. Currently, many well-known companies, including Instagram, AirBnB, eBay, Netflix, Yahoo and others, use it in production.
React is based on a concept that divides the user interface into separate self-contained components that are simple enough to maintain and expand. You can even create individual components and then use them in different projects, easily moving them from one project to another.
The freedom of action allowing you to use a huge number of approaches to building apps (redux, mobx, and others) is one of the main features of React.js. They are not part of React.js itself but its architectural superstructures, which are constantly developing as well.
Django is a Python web application framework. DRY (don’t repeat yourself) is one of the main principles of the platform. Django web systems are built from one or more apps that are recommended to be developed detachable and connectable. Due to this approach, the framework’s architecture notably differs from some others (for example, Ruby on Rails).
- Speed: Django was designed to help web developers create an app in the shortest time possible, making this solution most suitable for developers who hold deadlines as a priority in their work.
- Complete package: Django works using dozens of additional features, which help a lot with user authentication, website maps, content administration, RSS, and much more.
- Protection against security errors that may compromise the project.
- Scalability: a good choice to work on projects aimed at high-level website traffic.
5. Ruby on Rails
This is a complete, multi-level framework designed to build web applications through databases based on the MVC architecture. This framework has quickly become one of the most powerful tools used by startups to create web applications for all types of websites.
The main advantage of the Ruby on Rails framework is the speed of development. First of all, the high speed of development is determined by a wide range of ready-to-use standard RoR tools, a huge range of pre-built community solutions, and simple coding in Ruby.
Standards for adding files to a project program, writing code in the project նախագծ General programming rules in Ruby on Rails can build any project to the maximum extent. With this approach, the project becomes very readable, և newcomers can quickly join any project without delay.
We hope you find this list useful. Each of these platforms is good in its own right, but the final decision in favor of a particular web development framework should be based on the specifics of your particular project.
In addition to the overall functionality of the platform, you should also evaluate the extent to which certain features can be used to achieve a specific goal. Then you will be able to make the right choice.